Monday, February 9, 2009

Thing #4 - "Exploring Blogs"

Through the exploratory blog reading, I noticed some where written more in a conversational tone while others used a more serious tone. I personally liked the ones that were brief & conversational because it seemed easier to grasp the information.

I found of personal interest was the blog concerning homework. Homework is a challenging issue for all teachers. I agree that those who do not need the grade (A & B student and already know the concept) do the homework and those who need the grade (failing and do not know the concept) do not do the homework. Homework should not be something to do just to fill in class time. Because of the block schedule, I usually assign a short homework assignment so students at least have to look at biology on the days the are not in class. Of course you know which students do the homework!!

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you completely on the homework issue. My question is this, if you know that the students who don't need the homework are the only ones to do it, then why bother with even the short assignment?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If homework is assigned I agree it should be quick and short unless it's reading.

    ReplyDelete