Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Reflection

This is not the end but the beginning....

Unbelievable!!! What a journey!! This journey has been amazing, challenging and even at times frustrating but always rewarding. I really think that 23 things can take me personally and professionally to a new level. I am so glad that I was not satisfied with the same old powerpoints, slideshow, email and microsoft word. That was the extent of my technology. There were so many tools available that I was not even aware of that can jazz up a powerpoint, things like voicethread. Online generator could add a punch to any visual. Podcasting and even slide shows that are created using sites like rockyou.com could not only be used to teach and reinforce concepts but could actually be incorporated into student projects. GoogleDocs is another great tool for students projects since students do not physically have to be in the same place at the same time. Each student could work on the project at home at at time that works best for them. Teachertube and the google reader can help keep material current and fresh. All the tools that can help get and keep you organize seem to be quick and user friendly.

Believe it or not ...blogging is actually one of the more difficult things for me to do. Not because of the technology (its actually one of the "things" that I can actually get around in pretty easily)...Blogging seems like journaling in your diary and leaving it in places where your little brother or sister could opened it and read it. It has gotten easier with practice!!

Of course the wiki page (not a surprise) was were I lost it and thought that there is absolutely no way that I can do this, But the folks at North didn't let me give up and they walked me through it even though their schedule was absolutely crazy!! Thanks Zack and Jill!! You are the best! Other folks (like Jessica and Mike) at North were always ready to answer any of my questions and constantly encouraged me!! I was definitely at the opposite end of technology compared to these guys - You could say that I am a 23 Thing overachiever! Hey, some day I want to be just like ya'll. You guys make North the BEST!!

Summer time is going to be a great time to spend not only quality time but quantity time incorporating these "things" into the classroom. Just in time for the BEGINNING of school. It's going to be great! Thanks 23 things!!

No comments:

Post a Comment