Sunday, April 26, 2009

Thing #22 - Facebook

Here's my facebook...yay!

I think that it is important as educators to know our students not only in class as students but also as people.  Facebook and my space are big parts of our students' life and I think we can gain an insight on who they are if we understand and/or familiar with social networking.  As educators we could possibly use this technology to communicate with our students concerning class assigments and expectations.  Our students could also get to know us not only as teachers but people too.  My biggest concern about social networking is the people getting hold of personal information and using it in the wrong way.  Facebook was a better choice for me because it was simpler to use and it seems more people my age use it.  It will be alot of fun to use it to stay in touch with friends.

1 comment:

  1. I like Facebook better also. It doesn't seem to requite as much to get it up and going,.

    ReplyDelete